Access Statement Directions Gallery
From the minute you arrive at the Anglia House you will receive a warm and friendly welcome. Anglia house is a family run guest house with 9 en-suite rooms.
Anglia House is
All our rooms have tea and coffee making facilities, remote control colour TV and free wifi.
You will receive your own keys to come and go as you wish.
To book or check availability, either call or Email, we will let you know immediately if we can accommodate you.
Proprietors Ann & Bob Junker
Please let us know if you have any special requirements.
click here for cancellation and booking conditions.
Updated 21st June 2016
Access Statement For Anglia Guest House
Ann & Bob Junker, aim to cater for all our visitors’ needs. Our family owned guest house has 9 bedrooms. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
• The train station is 5 minutes away by car. There is a bus stop behind the property, approximately 5 minutes walk. There is a local taxi service that has accessible taxis if required (we can make a booking for you). Any correspondence can be provided in large print by prior arrangement. We are happy to take delivery of hired equipment, (please let us know if you have ordered anything, e.g. motorised scooter, wheelchairs).
& Car Parking Facilities
• There are no designated parking bays but there is free parking both sides of the road outside the guest house, a few disabled bays are marked out in the road. The front surface is concrete with good street lighting. There is a slight incline to the front door. We can assist guests with luggage if needed.
Entrance & Reception
• The front door has one step, 15cm high and threshold 2cm high, drop down into hall is 6.5cm. The front door is always locked but there is a bell to the right of the door at 140cm high. The door is 80cm wide with two metal grab rails either side of the door. On entry into our home there is a hallway 173cm by 400cm with fitted carpet through out.
Areas - General (Internal)
• On the ground floor, the door to the right leads to the bar, the door straight on is to the dining room and the last door to the left is to our private accommodation. All doors are fire doors with emergency lighting in all corridors. There are 15 steps to the first floor with a 3 step half landing followed by a further 16 steps to the second floor. The stairs are 7.5cm high and 89cm wide. On the second landing there is an iron and ironing board wired into the mains. Carpets are fitted throughout. There is good lighting throughout the hall and landings.
Room, Bar / Lounge
• Breakfast is served in the dining room on the ground floor. Furniture is flexible and can be moved on request. Each table is 68cm high. All chairs are upright with cloth seats. Carpet is fitted throughout, with good lighting and ceiling fan. The bar/lounge has comfortable seating, ample lighting with carpets fitted throughout. All signage is clear and framed.
• All rooms are en-suite. All rooms have good lighting; ample plug sockets and carpets fitted throughout, as well as fire doors, beacons and sounders in case of fire.
• All en-suites have grab rails and fitted carpets. There is good lighting throughout with shaver points.
• We are a non smoking establishment. Mobile phone reception is generally good. Our fire alarm rings continuously, if you require any assistance with evacuation please notify us on arrival, e.g. hearing impairment. A small fridge can be supplied for medication or special dietary food, if needed larger items can be put in our main fridge (not accessible 24hours). It is possible to supply a vibrating alarm clock and door bell with light for the hearing impaired, on request. All signage is clear and framed but can be provided in large print. There is a service bell next to our private accommodation door on the ground floor, in case of an emergency.
• Address: 56 Wellesley Road, Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 1EX
• Telephone: 01493 844395
• Email: email@example.com
• Hours of operation: Open all year. Hours, flexible to business, the guest house is our home so is occupied 24 hours.
• Emergency number: 999 or 08454564567
• Local carers: NHS Direct 0845 4647
• Local equipment hire companies: Mobility Supermarket 01493 444348
• Local public transport numbers: Train 08456007245, Bus 08706082608
• Local accessible taxi numbers: Anglia Taxis 01493 855855
• James Paget A/E Hospital 01493 452452
• In the future we will be upgrading the public rooms, but we will update our information as and when necessary.
welcome your feedback to help us continue to improve, if you have any comments
please phone 01493 844395 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CANCELLATION AND BOOKING CONDITIONS
1. WE ARE A NON-SMOKING GUEST HOUSE
2. THE NAME ‘ANGLIA GUEST HOUSE’ REFERS TO PROPRIETORS AND THEIR REPRESENTATIVES AND EMPLOYEES.
3. PERSONS/CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 17 YEARS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OR ADULT.
4. WHEN BOOKING, THE CLIENT SHALL PAY THE SPECIFIED DEPOSIT AND PROVIDE A COMPLETED BOOKING FORM. THE RESERVATIONS ARE MADE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS AND RECEIPTS OF THE DEPOSIT, THIS CONFIRMS THAT THE CLIENT UNDERSTANDS, ACCEPTS AND AGREES THESE CONDITIONS.
5. WHEN THE PROPRIETORS ACCEPT THE BOOKING, THE DEPOSIT WILL BE RETAINED AND GO TOWARDS THE COST OF THE CLIENT’S HOLIDAY. THE PROPRIETORS CANNOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DELAYS IN RECEIPT OF THE DEPOSIT AND CONFIRMATION OF THE SAME. BALANCE OF INVOICE MUST BE PAID 31 DAYS BEFORE COMMENCEMENT OF THE HOLIDAY.
6. THE PROPRIETORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ALTER OR CANCEL ANY HOLIDAY ARRANGEMENTS, SCHEDULES OR ACCOMMODATION. IN THE INTERIM PERIOD OF BOOKING TO ARRIVAL. IF IN THE EVENT THE ACCOMMODATION CHOSEN CANNOT BE PROVIDED FOR REASONS BEYOND OUR CONTROL WE UNDERTAKE OF OFFER ALTERNATIVE ACCOMMODATION OR A REFUND OF MONEY PAID.
7. IF THE CLIENT CANCELS A HOLIDAY A CANCELLATION CHARGE WILL BE LEVIED BASED ON THE NUMBER OF DAYS PRIOR TO HOLIDAY START DATE;
MORE THAN 31 DAYS DEPOSIT ONLY. LESS THAN 30 DAYS 100%
IF THE PROPRIETORS CANCEL THE ARRANGEMENTS DUE TO THE CLIENTS’ FAILURE TO PAY THE BALANCE WITH IN THE TIME ALLOWED BEFORE COMMENCEMENT THE SAME CANCELLATION CHARGES WILL BE LEVIED.
ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE NOTIFIED IN WRITING. HE EFFECTIVE DATE OF CANCELLATION IS THE DATE THAT YOU’RE WRITTEN CANCELLATION REACHES OUR OFFICE.
8. ANGLIA GUEST HOUSE SHALL NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE OR LOSS TO CLIENT’S PERSONAL PROPERTY INCLUDING VEHICLES AND CONTENTS.
9. THE PROPRIETORS CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS BROUGHT BY WAR, RIOTS, CIVIL COMMOTION, TERRORIST ACTIVITIES OR ANY OTHER EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
10. ON DEPARTURE WE REQUEST THE OUTGOING CLIENTS TO VACATE THE ACCOMMODATION BY 9.30 AM.
11. ANGLIA GUEST HOUSE RESERVES AND RETAINS THE RIGHT OF ACCESS TO THE RENTAL PREMISES DURING YOUR OCCUPANCY FOR PURPOSES OF MAINTENANCE AND INSPECTIONS.
12. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU HAVE HOLIDAY INSURANCE.